Black Ops Brigade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Black Ops Brigade

END OF ALL HOPE FOR ANI !!!

3.2 UPDATE FOR B GEARS SUXORS .... Anyway I put up a new Post for AR Music for you as you do your never ending grind ... Enjoy <<< Kill/T2Die/Dwelley

3 posters

Flyin' round town!

BuzzJunkie
    BuzzJunkie
    BCU Chief Master Sergeant

Flyin' round town! Empty Flyin' round town!

Post  BuzzJunkie Mon May 25, 2009 7:39 am

Ok, my problem with lag is back.. I can't play grind etc on any of my 3 gears again... I been trying to get out of town the last hour with all my gears..

This time I try to get out of town with Kriminal my bgear, and instead of it letting me warp to the first BCU map it let me go back and fly around town.. Thought you guys might wanna see my kitten eating kid punching lag from hell in action...
    Flyin' round town! ATM00011
    Flyin' round town! ATM00016
    Flyin' round town! ATM00017
    Flyin' round town! ATM00019
    Kill_Zone_
    Kill_Zone_
    General of BCU
    General of BCU

Flyin' round town! Empty LOL xD

Post  Kill_Zone_ Mon May 25, 2009 1:15 pm

lol! nice I'll have to one day go fly around town tongue

For your lag though you may want to find the DNS name or IP of the Air Rivals server and do a

"Tracert" command to find in particular where the actuall lag is deriving from lookup the command on google for the syntax and it'll tell you in milliseconds how long it takes to processes from one location over to another. To get that information you may need to call a gm to get the specifics so you can test out that connection. Once you find either of the DNS or IP resolution for their server let me know the information and I can help you on out as well if you have any more problems.

~Kill_Zone_
    BuzzJunkie
    BuzzJunkie

Flyin' round town! Empty Re: Flyin' round town!

Post  BuzzJunkie Wed May 27, 2009 8:29 am

Kill_Zone_ wrote:lol! nice I'll have to one day go fly around town tongue

For your lag though you may want to find the DNS name or IP of the Air Rivals server and do a

"Tracert" command to find in particular where the actuall lag is deriving from lookup the command on google for the syntax and it'll tell you in milliseconds how long it takes to processes from one location over to another. To get that information you may need to call a gm to get the specifics so you can test out that connection. Once you find either of the DNS or IP resolution for their server let me know the information and I can help you on out as well if you have any more problems.

~Kill_Zone_

Hey bud, yeah, still having drama's. It's kinda really frustrating because I know my hardware is up to the task, I have played during big wars on the highest settings with absolutely no lag for atleast a month, now I can't do anything..

IP's came from Xandow
    Helix:79.110.88.28
    Orion:79.110.88.29
    Auriga:79.110.88.30

my results..
    Flyin' round town! HELIXIP
    Flyin' round town! ORIONIP
    Flyin' round town! AURIGAIP

Ports:15101-15103

Any ideas mate?
    Kill_Zone_
    Kill_Zone_
    General of BCU
    General of BCU

Flyin' round town! Empty Information

Post  Kill_Zone_ Wed May 27, 2009 3:52 pm

I was able to reverse proxy from your location and the latency came on back at 1/4 the time ratio you were having. So I would highly recommend contacting your ISP and most likely have them send you out a new proxy AKA "Modem" by many yet not the correct technical term. Also tell them about the trace route that was done and that you're getting 463 millisecond latency when sending out a ping. They should send you out a new one for free and if that doesn't solve it then there's something messed up in their routing tables or they have a cetain QOS (Quality of Service) that maybe hindering your transmissions. Don't go that in deph with them because the people you talk to over the phone won't have any idea what you're talking about.

Best thing is to say that you just spoke with one of their technicians and they had you ping out and that you were getting 463 millisecond latency and stated you need a new modem.

I've seen your system and it's very well maintained. If they ask you about the IP address you're using to ping against just tell them that you use that resource for buisiness and no one else in your organization is having that issue.

~Kill_Zone_
    BuzzJunkie
    BuzzJunkie

Post  BuzzJunkie Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 am

Heya KZ,

Well I just got off the phone from my ISP and had one of the most interesting conversations with the tech. I still don't have my issues resolved but at least I spoke to someone who was actually willing to go indepth with my problems. He spent approx an hr on the phone working through it and in the end came to the conclusion "off the record" that my isp will not support gaming clients etc especially overseas.He suggested also "off the record" I should check out another ISP as they'll be more adapt with my situation. He also cleared my contract which had a year left and has saved me over $300.00 bucks to cancel my isp contract. I'll be looking around and hopefully try out another isp over the next day or two, fingers crossed that will sort out my probs once n for all..

~Brad
    BuzzJunkie
    BuzzJunkie

Post  BuzzJunkie Thu May 28, 2009 4:43 pm

I also ran a tracery whilst playing the game to the auriga ip. This is the restults. What does this mean?

C:\Documents and Settings\Brad>tracert 79.110.88.30

Tracing route to 79-110-88-30.gfsrv.net [79.110.88.30]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms mygateway1.ar7 [10.1.1.1]
    2 15 ms 16 ms 16 ms 123-2-27-1.static.dsl.dodo.com.au [123.2.27.1]
    3 16 ms 16 ms 16 ms dodomel-core001-vlan101.core.dodo.com.au [123.2.0.1]
    4 16 ms mygateway1.ar7 [10.1.1.1] reports: Destination protocol unreachable.

Trace complete.

Edit* it does that all the time now if I'm in the game or not.
    Kill_Zone_
    Kill_Zone_
    General of BCU
    General of BCU

Post  Kill_Zone_ Fri May 29, 2009 3:34 pm

When you analyze a network trace, you may see Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) Type 3 "Destination Unreachable" packets with a code value of hexadecimal 0X0D or decimal 13. The code value of the ICMP Destination Unreachable packet is 0x0D. The hexadecimal code 0X0D (code decimal 13) translates to "Communication Administratively Prohibited" from Requests for Comments (RFC) 1812. This is generated if a router cannot forward a packet because of administrative filtering. This is the code value for an administrative denial, which indicates that a router is filtering a port and is not permitting traffic to pass. The packet is typically seen when traffic is refused to pass through a router or a firewall.Additionally, because the user process may ignore the ICMP packet, the redirector and TCP may try many times before they receive these types of error messages.If a firewall or a router is blocking TCP or User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port 53, the error indicates the reason for the failing Domain Name System (DNS) queries.

In short your ISP is denying your transmission and droping it hard. If you notice it shows that the gateway on your ISP is where the transmission ends. Meaning that either they are filtering those packets on that port or they are having intermittent hardware issues on their end. They hold internal DNS servers so you maybe able to go to almost any site since their internal proxy caches most commonly seen sites on their end, but overall they may have to do external DNS queries to root servers to update their routing tables on their network which is where they maybe having the problem or they have to many people to support so your transmission gets knocked off due to TTL (Time To Live) since they're is no reply in a certain amount of time it just drops the transmission. Inveitably resulting in lag or disconnection.

~Kill_Zone
    BuzzJunkie
    BuzzJunkie

Post  BuzzJunkie Sat May 30, 2009 2:27 am

oh lord.. lol most of that went over my head, had to read it 3 times to get the gist.. I had changed a few Registry settings, the MTU mainly and the way it handles packets, thought they may of been the cause but after removing it again no change. I've also changed a stack of setting / ports, tried DMZ my router with and without firewall, reset everything. I guess after reading your post Kill there is nothing left to do than to try out another isp.. Funny thing is the "destination unreachable" message never appeared until after I called my ISP and inquired.

Thanks for your time and explanations btw Kill Smile
    Kill_Zone_
    Kill_Zone_
    General of BCU
    General of BCU

Post  Kill_Zone_ Sat May 30, 2009 6:53 am

Yeah it's out of your realm of posibility to resolve since it's not an end user created problem. You gave it a good shot and if they allowed you to modify your MTU on your proxy that's pretty cool too Cool

~Kill_Zone_
    WaterMaster
    WaterMaster
    BCU Colonel
    BCU Colonel

Post  WaterMaster Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Flyin' round town! Atm00010

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:04 am